November 6, 2010

27 years ago today...

my mother went to heaven. i miss her now more than ever. every year i miss her presence with more intensity. i'm sad that she never got to see me grow up to be the woman i am today. i'm sad that she never experienced the joy of being a grandmother to two amazing little boys. i'm sad that her life ended at 30 - too young. but mostly i'm sad that i can't look at her beautiful, smiling face and feel her arms around me. i miss having a mom.

mami, i will love you forever. these past 27 years seem so long...and not long enough. until we see each other again, te mando un beso y un abrazo...xoxo

1 comment:

  1. ((((HUGS))) I know how that goes. I'm sorry you are missing her but I'm sure she's watching over you and your boys. It's okay to miss ... it's nice to remember!!

    ReplyDelete

Por favor, throw this crazy Cuban mama a bone and comment on her stuff. Gracias :-)