June 23, 2010

Jueves Trece - 6/24/10


Last week I joined up for my very first Thursday Thirteen post, and I had so much fun coming up with a list of 13 people that piss me off that I decided to do one again this week. Since last week was all about people who annoy me, I felt it only proper to focus this time around on 13 people I actually like! (and, yes, there are that many people I like, so no sarcastic comments from friends who believe that to be utterly impossible ;-)

{Drumroll, please...}

13 people I actually like

1. Donald Trump - Boy do I love me some Donald, comb-over and all. The shear tenacity this man possesses in abundance is a quality I seek out in others and strive to maintain myself. If I had the opportunity to do so, I'd be more than happy to hang with "The Donald".

2. Victoria Beckham - Contrary to her often austere and unapproachable persona, Posh is quite a hoot. She has that wry, self-deprecating British humor I find so appealing. She may dress to the nines, but she's not afraid of dissing her knobby knees and flat tush. Love her!

3. Anthony Bourdain - I know plenty of people find the abrasive chef to be droll and snooty, but that's exactly where his charm lies. He dares you not to like him, but secretly hopes you do. That inner dichotomy is as plain as the salt -n- pepper hair on his head.

4. New Kids On The Block - I just love them to death. I'm not going to explain why. It's a high school thing, alright?

5. Sarah Palin - She's a lipstick-wearing, moose-hunting "pit bull". 'Nuf said.

6. Madonna - Music goddess who puts all these little girls who've come after her to shame. "Always imitated, never duplicated".

7. David "Puck" Rainey - He's a putz and a pig, but is always a spot-on judge of character. My favorite Real World cast member to this day.

8. Tim Gunn - He can be my gay husband any day of the week. I worship and adore him!!!

9. Daniel Craig - He can be my straight lover any day of the week and twice on Sunday. HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

10. Meryl Streep - She can act the s_ _ t out of any roll she plays. The greatest actress of our time.

11. Hayden Christensen - {sigh}

12. P-Diddy - I'm not sure why I like him, but I do. He's a bit of an ass and a dog when it comes to women, but he's cool. I like that.


13. Les Grossman (a.k.a Tom Cruise) - ".....from now on my fist is going to be so far up your s**thole that every time you have a thought, it's gonna have to tiptoe past my wedding ring....." Les, you ARE the man even if you are a fictitious movie character ;-)

Photo via google images

9 comments:

  1. Hey I love the New Kids On The Block too!! OMG- who was your favorite!! Mine was always Donnie, but no one was ever very fond of him. My friends always like Jordan or Joey, they just weren't grungy enough for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so interesting -- about half the people are those who are SO very much themselves, with no apologies. And the other half is people who pretend to be others, in their vocation as actors. A very cool list with lots of unexpected appearances ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan and Donnie were always my favorite NKOTB'ers. Who doesn't love a little Whalberg in their life?

    I tend to gravitate toward people who are themselves even when that person isn't exactly likeable. It's tough to be yourself sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very strong personalities there. I'm with you on most, but Sarah Palin? I think not lol
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say I agree on many of those, but I do like the last quote.
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's wrong with Meryl Streep? She ROCKS! Absolutely loved her in "Mamma Mia." And I liked Madonna when she was IT; I don't get all the hate for her 25 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right about Meryl Streep. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you had me at donald trump. you lost me at nkotb.

    also.

    oh oh oh oh oh. oh oh oh oh. oh oh oh oh oh. the right stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Por favor, throw this crazy Cuban mama a bone and comment on her stuff. Gracias :-)